Flood Warning Continues for Skokomish

The flood warning continues for the Skokomish River. The National Weather Service says 3 to 4 inches of rain have fallen over the southeast Olympic Mountains in the past 24 hours leading to flooding along the Skokomish. The River reached just over 17 feet early this (Thursday) morning (12/29/11) and is expected to stay around that level through Saturday morning when the Skokomish is expected to start slowly receding.

The River has flooded pasture lands and roads in the Skokomish Valley.

More rain is forecast through the New Year. There is an 80% chance of precipitation today, 100% chance tonight and Friday, and 70% Friday night. The chance of rain drops to 30% this weekend.