The following is a summary of road construction and maintenance scheduled on state highways around Mason County and adjacent areas from June 21, 2020 to June 27, 2020.
US 101 – Coffee Creek – Remove Fish Barrier
Highway: US 101 Region: Olympic County: Mason Location: Milepost(s) 346.8
Description: Crews are building a new alignment for Coffee Creek as part of a WSDOT fish barrier removal project.
Work Schedule: See below:
- Travelers on Shelton-Matlock Road approaching US 101 are using a temporary two-lane bypass road around the work zone. Travelers can expect a reduced speed limit to 25 mph and occasional traffic stops of up to 15 minutes during work hours between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- The bypass road will allow crews to build a new stream channel and install an approximately 96-foot-long box culvert to eventually connect a realigned Coffee Creek under the Shelton-Matlock Road. The channel will link to a replicated natural streambed, which was previously built between Shelton-Matlock Road and the area approaching Goldsborough Creek.
- ?Crews expect to fully reopen the Shelton-Matlock Road by mid-summer.
Highway: SR 106 Region: Olympic County: Mason Location: Milepost(s) 11.5 to 19
Description: One-way alternating traffic for utility work.
Work Schedule: 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. each Monday through Thursday through Thursday, July 30.
Highway: SR 3 Region: Olympic County: Kitsap Location: Milepost(s) 36 to 37
Description: Northbound shoulder closure for sign installation.
Work Schedule: 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Monday, June 22.
Highway: SR 8 Region: Olympic County: Thurston Location: Milepost(s) 14.0 – 15.5
Description: Eastbound left lane closure for asphalt repair.
Work Schedule: 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, June 24-25.
SR 302 – E of Elgin Clifton Rd to SR 16 – Remove Fish Barriers, Paving and ADA Compliance
Highway: 302 Region: Olympic County: Pierce Location: Milepost(s) 10.8 to 16.9
Description: This project removes and replaces three outdated culverts under SR 302 with fish passable structures, repaves 8 miles of SR 302, and rebuilds sidewalks and ramps at the intersections of SR 302 and SR 302 (Spur) through SR 302 and 94th Avenue to comply with the Americans with Disability Act and improve access for all travelers. Additionally, drivers can expect up to three weekend closures of the SR 302 Purdy Spit for bridge deck repairs scheduled for summer 2020. The bridge deck work will take place day and night. A signed detour will be in place during construction. Paving and deck repairs will require warm, dry weather conditions.
Work Schedule: Speed limit through the work zone is 25 mph. Drivers will see weekday, daytime construction as crews build the concrete girder bridge at Minter Creek.
- Overnight lane closures schedule: Monday, June 15 through Friday, June 19:
- Each night from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. each following day for paving and pavement repairs between 150th Ave. NW and 138th Ave. NW
- One-way alternating traffic with flaggers
- All work is weather dependent and could be rescheduled