The City of Shelton is preparing to reopen all City parks beginning June 1. All City parks and trails will be open during regular operating hours, 8:00 a.m. – dusk.
The decision to reopen City parks comes after the recent approval of Mason County’s COVID-19 variance application to move into phase 2 of reopening.
Remember to follow these protocols to help reduce any potential transmission of COVID-19:
- Outdoor recreation and gatherings are limited to no more than five people outside of your household per week
- No group picnic shelters or ballfields will be scheduled for group uses at this time
- Practice physical distancing
- Give others space
- Bring hand sanitizer and a face covering
- Stay home if you are sick
A full list of Shelton parks and amenities can be found here.
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted nearly every aspect of our lives and caused a great deal of uncertainty, including how we get outdoors. Everyone is encouraged to recreate responsibly to help protect ourselves, others, and the places we love when adventuring outside together at a City park or other facility.