Shelton High School has a new Principal, effective July 1, 2020: Bruce Kipper. The Shelton School Board approved hiring Mr. Kipper on Tuesday.
Bruce Kipper has been in education for over 32 years. He is currently the Director of Athletics/Activities at Tempe Union High School District. His educational credentials include K-12 Administrative Certification, Master’s of Counseling, Master’s of Education, Counselor Education, K-12 Guidance Counselor Certification, Teaching Certification, Business Education, and Bachelor of Science, Secondary Education.
His professional experience also includes:
- Principal at Mountain Pointe High School; Tempe Union High School District (2008-2018).
- Assistant Principal at Mountain Pointe High School; Tempe Union High School District (2002-2008).
- Assistant Principal at McClintock High School; Tempe Union High School District (1998-2002).
- At-Risk Coordinator at Mountain Pointe High School; Tempe Union High School District (1995-1997)
- High School Guidance Counselor for 3 years.
- High School Math Teacher for 4 years.
Mr. Kipper was also very active in athletics, both as an athlete and later as a coach. He played for the Texas Rangers Baseball Club from 1983-1987, as a contracted player for the organization at three different levels of professional baseball. He also coached high school baseball for many years, and was the Head Varsity Baseball Coach for Tempe Union High School District from 1988 – 1992, where he accomplished the following:
- 1992 4A State Champions.
- 1992 Arizona High School 4A Coach of the Year.
- 72-42 overall record
In addition, while serving as the principal, Mountain Pointe High School achieved the A+ Award from the Arizona Education Foundation three times. It is a great honor to receive the A+ Award as it looks deep into a school’s programs, teachers, test scores, students, and more. Also serving as the principal, Mountain Pointe High School received the Kennedy Center for the Arts Award of Distinction for Arts Education.