Mason Transit Authority has delivered over 1,000 meals to Mason County seniors through the Meals-on-Wheels program. Drivers and staff also helped deliver 60 commodity boxes for the HUB in Belfair.
MTA will continue to deliver meals and food throughout the crisis for as long as needed.
Limited fixed route service and Dial-a-Ride are available. Service to Olympia is available through a scheduled ride. Call Customer Service at (360) 427-5033 to schedule a ride or to get information on our current service schedule. You may also visit www.masontransit.org.
As a reminder, MTA is asking all riders to adhere to the following practices:
• Make only essential trips such as work, medical appointments and grocery shopping.
• Social distance 6-ft from other riders if possible.
• Stay home when sick.
• Wash hands often with soap and water. Practice good hygiene.
• If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Cover your couch or sneeze with a tissue, throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
• Enter through the rear side door when boarding a coach.
• Remain behind lines in bus to avoid close contact with the driver.
• Consider wearing a mask.
MTA buses continue to be cleaned on a regular basis and are wiped down between routes as often as possible. The Maintenance staff is working hard to keep facilities and buses clean. Currently, some buses are out of service and not being used due to reduce service. This allows staff to concentrate on keeping fewer buses clean and ready for daily service.