[LIVE VIDEO] Watch the March 17, 2020 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website (co.mason.wa.us.) You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communications’ local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 9:00 a.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
March 17, 2020
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 Bid award announcements- Staff: Mike Collins
- Open Forum for Citizen Input (3 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
- Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:15 a.m.
- Approval of Minutes – March 2 and March 9, 2020 Briefing minutes; March 3 and March 10, 2020 Regular Minutes; March 10, 2020 Special Meeting Minutes.
- Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to cancel the ILA for Lobbying Services with City of Shelton and Professional Service Agreement with Phillips Burgess Government Relations and approval to authorize the Chair to sign the termination letter.
8.2 Approval of Warrants & Treasure Electronic Remittances
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8070946-8071036 $ 229,382.80
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s 66468-66857 $ 682,437.96
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s 7005040-7005074 $ 975,192.75
8.3 Approval of the three following 2020 Heritage Grant Applications totaling $1,179:
• Matlock Historical Society: $179 for the purchase of archival storage materials for the Rediska-Hearing collection.
• League of Women Voters: $500 towards the cost of creating six professionally designed mounted posters that focus on woman leaders in Mason County, to be displayed publicly.
• Mason County Historical Society: $500 towards creating six 24” by 36” display boards showcasing six historically significant communities in Mason County.
8.4 Approval to set a hearing Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 9:15 a.m. to consider approval of the franchise agreement applications between Mason County and Mission Creek Tracts Water System, Mason County Public Works Utilities & Waste Management Division and Little Mission Creek Water System, granting permission to run the utility lines under and across county road rights of way. Postponed
8.5 Approval to authorize the Public Works Deputy Director/Utilities & Waste Manager to work on establishing internet service at the Hoodsport Drop Box facility, and approval to purchase another Paradigm License and computer to track and manage solid waste operations at the facility.
8.6 Approval to amend Resolution 2020-20 Mason County Personnel Policy, to update Chapter 4.5, Unusual Weather Conditions/Extreme Circumstances Policy to include public health emergencies.
8.7 Approval to adopt a Mason County Telework Program Policy and Procedures.
8.8 Approval to suspend certain limitations in County Code Chapter 2.88 Meetings of Board of County Commissioners regarding Commissioner participation in Commissioner meetings via conference call or video conference and requirement that two Commissioners be physically present. This suspension is in effect until April 30, 2020.
8.9 Approval to sign letter to the Governor requesting the state’s Business and Occupation Tax for industries and small businesses be suspended.
- Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
- 9:15 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public hearing to consider approval of budget supplemental appropriations and amendments to the 2020 budget. Staff: Jennifer Beierle
- Board’s Reports and Calendar