Recent developments concerning the rapidly-spreading Coronavirus (COVID-19) and concern for the health and well-being of the Shelton community have led the management team at the Mason County Community Concert Association to make the decision to cancel the upcoming March 31 concert featuring Sons of Serendip. Currently, the concert has not been rescheduled, but the staff at Mason County CCA will evaluate all available options after the threat has passed.
Mason County CCA and Live On Stage will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as new information becomes available. In the meantime, if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (notably fever, cough, and respiratory issues), please avoid contact with other people and seek medical attention as soon as possible. Please follow the precautions and preventative measures as recommended by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, which include but are not limited to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people.
- Stay at home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Dispose of all used tissues.
- If you are sick, wear a face mask when you are around other people (e.g. in a vehicle or in the waiting room of a healthcare provider’s office)
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces on a daily basis.
For additional information, or if you have any questions regarding the cancellation of this concert, please contact Mason County CCA at 360-426-1842.