[LIVE VIDEO] Watch the March 3, 2020 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website (co.mason.wa.us.) You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communications’ local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 9:00 a.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
March 10, 2020
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 Timberland Regional Library Report- Cheryl Heywood
- Open Forum for Citizen Input (3 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
- Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:15 a.m.
- Approval of Minutes – February 10, and February 24, 2020 Briefing Minutes; February 25, 2020 Regular Meeting Minutes
- Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to have the Chair sign the amendment to the Alderbrook Resort Conservancy Area Plan Conservation Easement.
8.2 Approval of Warrants & Treasure Electronic Remittances
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8070793-8070945 $587,647.95
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s $
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s $
Treasurer Electronic Remittance for February 2020 $120,632.43
8.3 Approval of the Professional Services Contract between Hood Canal Coordinating Council and Mason County to improve water quality and commercial shellfish harvest opportunities within Hood Canal.
8.4 Approval to sign a letter of support to Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) on behalf of the Mason Transit Authority concerning the importance of sustaining existing services and replacement vehicles.
8.5 Approval to appoint Sherri Dysart and Lynda Links to the Solid Waste Advisory Committee for a three-year term ending March 10, 2023.
8.6 Approval of a Private Line Occupancy Permit for the Port of Grapeview, granting permission to run a pressurized sewer line across Grapeview Loop Road from parcel 12105-51-66001 to 12105-51-63003 and 12105-51-63005.
8.7 Approval to set a hearing on Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 9:15 a.m. to consider approving the franchise agreement applications between Mason county and the following:
• Aquarius Utilities, LLC • Island Shores Water, LLC
• Detroit Water Service Association • Oak Park Water Company, LLC
8.8 Approval of the January 2019-December 2021 Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) for Woodworkers Local Lodge W38 IAM representing Mason County Sheriff’s Office Corrections & Support Staff.
8.9 Approval of the January 2019-December 2021 Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) for Teamsters Local No. 252 & Operating Engineers Local 302 representing Mason County Public Works Unit.
- Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
- 9:15 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time- No hearings.
- Board’s Reports and Calendar