[LIVE VIDEO] Watch the February 18, 2020 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website (co.mason.wa.us.) You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communications’ local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 9:00 a.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
February 18, 2020
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Correspondence and Organizational Business
- Open Forum for Citizen Input (3 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
- Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:15 a.m.
- Approval of Minutes – January 6, 2020 Briefing Minutes; February 4, 2020 Regular Meeting Minutes.
- Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval of Warrants & Treasure Electronic Remittances
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8070309-8070448 $485,123.04
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s 65698-66082 $ 707,280.93
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s 7004979-7005014 $ 1,000,610.54
8.2 Approval to set a public hearing for March 17, 2020 at 9:15 a.m. to consider the approval of budget supplemental appropriations and amendments to the 2020 budget.
8.3 Approval of the resolution amending Mason County Code Chapter 2.02, Departments reporting to the Commissioners, adding a Motor Pool Department.
8.4 Approval to have the Chair sign contract #SEASMP-1921-MACoCs-00057 between Mason County and the State of Washington Department of Ecology for the periodic update of the Shoreline Master Program.
8.5 Approval of a resolution to establish Fund 141 as the Sheriff’s Boating Program, establish Fund 142 as the Narcotics Investigation Fund, delete Fund 140 and place Prisoner Welfare Program monies (aka commissary) and General Donations into Current Expense as Committed Revenues.
8.6 Approval to authorize the Public Works Director to execute Amendment No. 1 to the contract agreement with Financial Consulting Solutions Group, Inc. to update and revise the Belfair Sewer financial plan and complete an updated financial plan.
8.7 Approval to have the Board authorize the payback of 2018 traffic diversion dollars in the amount of $66,917.19 to County Roads from Non-Departmental for the buyout of 75% of two Ford Explorers.
- Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
- 9:15 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public Hearing to consider approval of the franchise agreement application between Mason County and Erickson Lake Homeowners Association to run water lines and appurtenances under and across county road right of way. Staff: Loretta Swanson
10.2 Public Hearing to consider approval of the water system franchise agreements between Mason County and the following:
• Beacon Point Community Club, Inc. • Maggie Lake Water District
• Cedar View Tracts • Merrimount Water System
• Harstine Island Estates • Triton Head Water Association
• Lynnwood Community Beach Association • Twanoh Tides Community Club
- Board’s Reports and Calendar