[LIVE VIDEO] Watch the January 7, 2020 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website (co.mason.wa.us.) You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communications’ local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 9:00 a.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
January 7, 2020
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 Selection of Chair and Vice Chair
4.3 Public Works Bid Award Information Staff: Diane Sheesley
- Open Forum for Citizen Input (3 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
- Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:15 a.m.
- Approval of Minutes –December 16, 2019 Briefing Minutes; November 26, and December 17, 2019 Regular Meeting Minutes
- Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to reappoint Don Progreba, Mark Carlson, Jeff Carey, Jack Johnson, and Pete Butkus to a two-year term on the Transportation Improvement Program Citizens Advisory Panel (TIP-CAP).
8.2 Approval to authorize Public Works to solicit for on-call commercial electrical services for 2020-2022, and approval to allow the Deputy Director of Utilities and Waste Management to sign the contract. The maximum pay-out is not to exceed $50,000 per year.
8.3 Approval of Warrants & Treasure Electronic Remittances
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8069057-8069570 $ 2,143,258.53
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s 64565-64943 $ 709,473.26
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s 7004890-7004915 $ 494,301.08
8.4 Approval to authorize the Department of Emergency Management Manager to sign and complete contract E20-183 to close the FY 18 State Homeland Security Program Grant.
8.5 Approval to adopt a resolution amending Resolution 89-19, Mason County Personnel Policy, to amend Chapter 7.9 WA Paid Family and Medical Leave, and Chapter 8.5 No Smoking Policy, replacing language in compliance with the RCW’s governing each chapter.
- Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
- 9:15 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public Hearing to consider the expansion of 600 acres into the Shelton Urban Growth Area (UGA). Staff: Kell Rowen.
10.2 Public Hearing to consider a code amendment to Mason County Code Chapter 6.72, Section .030 adding Section (I); Solid Waste Flow Control.
Staff: Loretta Swanson
10.3 Public Hearing to consider approving the franchise agreement applications between Mason County and the following water systems:
• Emerald Lake Community Club, Inc. • Clifton Beach Tracts Co-Op Water Association.
• Lake Christine Community Club • Kamilche Shores Community Association
• Lakeland Village Water Company • Paradise Service Assocation
• PUD #1 • Tahuya River Valley Water District
• Timberlakes Community Club
- Board’s Reports and Calendar