[LIVE VIDEO] Watch the November 5, 2019 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website (co.mason.wa.us.) You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communications’ local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 9:00 a.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
November 5, 2019
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Correspondence and Organizational Business
- Open Forum for Citizen Input (3 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
- Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:15 a.m.
- Approval of Minutes – October 7, October 14, October 21, 2019 Briefing minutes; October 15, 2019 Regular minutes.
- Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to have the Chair sign the Vehicle Take-Home Assignment Authorization Request forms for Michael Leeberg, Allan Eaton, Rod LaRue, Brenen Profitt, Grant Dishon, and Cynthia Brewer for calendar year 2020.
8.2 Approval to set a public hearing on Tuesday, November 26, 2019 at 9:15 a.m. to certify to the County Assessor the amount of taxes levied for county purposes and the mount of taxes levied for Current Expense and Roads for 2020. An increase to the Current Expense and Road property tax levies for 2020 may be considered.
8.3 Approval to seta hearing on Monday, December 2, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. to consider adoption of the 2020 budget for Mason County. Copies of the 2020 preliminary budget will be available to the public on November 18, 2019.
8.4 Approval of the proposed 2020 Environmental Health fees. If approved, fees go into effect January 1, 2020.
8.5 Approval to appoint Mark Nault to the Mason County Civil Service Commission to fill the remainder of a six-year term ending December 31, 2023.
8.6 Approval to amend Resolution 80-19 to revise the Non-Represented Salary Scale Range Alignment by approving a 1.75% general wage increase effective January 1, 2020.
8.7 Approval of Warrants & Treasure Electronic Remittances
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8067680-8068040 $ 820,721.25
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s 63014-63407 $ 714,489.83
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s 7004766-7004790 $ 498,833.99
8.8 Approval of a resolution, effective January 1, 2020, for participants of the PEBB Medical program, which allocates through the pooling method-
• $963.08 per month County contribution for all employee single enrollments on medical
• $1,460.21 per month for Teamsters General Services Collective Bargaining Agreement in place, but not ratified on January 1, 2019 with dependent enrollments
• $1,512.21 per month for Teamsters Community & Family Health and IWA Deputy Prosecutors Collective Bargaining Agreements in place, but not ratified on January 1, 2020
• $1,564.21 for all Elected Officials, eligible Non-Represented, and Teamsters Probation and IWA Public Defenders whose Collective Bargaining Agreements are in place and ratified on January 1, 2020.
8.9 Approval to sign a letter of support for the Squaxin Island Tribe’s application to take into trust properties previously held by the aquaculture business Clamfresh known as “Quarters Point” and specifically identified as parcel nos. 31914-10-80830, 31914-24-90032 and 31914-40-80840.
8.10 Approval of the FY19 Emergency Management Performance Grant, Contract #E20-121 in the amount of $35,677, and approval to allow the Emergency Management Manager to sign on behalf of Mason County.
8.11 Approval to authorize Public Works/ER&R to advertise, set bid opening date/time award and allow the Chair to sign all pertinent documents for the call for bids to furnish Mason County with Asphaltic Materials for the 2020 calendar year. Contract awards will be announced at a scheduled meeting of the Board of County Commissioners.
8.12 Approval to authorize Public Works/ER&R to advertise, set bid opening date/time award and allow the Chair to sign all pertinent documents for the call for bids to furnish Mason County with culvert pipe and linings for the 2020 calendar year. Contract awards will be announced at a scheduled meeting of the Board of Mason County Commissioners.
8.13 Approval to authorize Public Works to use the County Vendor Roster to solicit and establish a 2020 surfacing materials unit pricing vendor list and purchase quantities as needed.
8.14 Approval to set a hearing for Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 9:15 a.m. to consider a code amendment to Mason County Code Chapter 13.31, section 060, (A1.a), (G) and (H) regarding Capital Facilities Charges schedule and exceptions.
8.15 Approval to have the Chair sign the following Title VI of the Civil Rights Act related requirements: 1.) Updated Title VI Non-Discrimination Agreement and US Department of Transportation (USDOT) standard Title VI/Non-Discrimination Assurances. 2.) The Annual Accomplishment and Update Report covering the reporting period from May 1, 2018 to April 30, 2019.
8.16 Approval to set a hearing on Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 9:15 a.m. to consider entering into a lease agreement with Verizon Wireless LLC to construct a new unstaffed wireless communication facility on a portion of Public Works facility property, parcel 42002-21-90010 at 100 W. Public Works Drive, Shelton, and approval to authorize the Chair to sign the Memorandum of Land Lease Agreement.
8.17 Approval to set a hearing on Tuesday, December 3, 2019 to consider approving the franchise agreement applications between Mason County and the following:
• Belfair Water District #1
• Trails End Water District #2
• Cherokee Strip HOA & Water
• Collins Lake Community Club
• Kamilche Point Community Club
• Lake Limerick Water System LLCC
• Shorecrest Estates Water Company
• Star Lake Community Club
• Holiday Beach Home Tracts W/S, granting permission to run the utility lines under and across county road rights of way.
- Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
- 9:15 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public Hearing to consider revisions to Mason County Building Code 14.09.031. Staff: Kristopher Nelsen
10.2 Public Hearing to consider adoption of the 2020 Annual Construction Program. Staff: Diane Sheesley
10.3 Public Hearing to consider adoption of the six-year Transportation Improvement Program. Staff: Diane Sheesley
- Board’s Reports and Calendar