[LIVE VIDEO] Watch the October 22, 2019 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 6 PM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website (co.mason.wa.us.) You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communications’ local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 6:00 p.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
October 22, 2019
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 News Release- Service Awards
- Open Forum for Citizen Input (3 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
- Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 6:15 p.m.
- Approval of Minutes – None.
- Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the Action Agenda may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to hire Puget Environmental, P.L.L.C for site evaluation and cleanup plan development for properties affected by the Trails End Lake chip-sealing incident.
8.2 Approval of an interlocal agreement with the City of Shelton for Affordable Housing and Homeless Services.
8.3 Approval of amendment #4 to contract N21896-17 between the Mason County Health Department and CHOICE Regional Health Network for youth marijuana prevention and education.
8.4 Approval of Warrants & Treasure Electronic Remittances
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8067486-81067679 $ 518,464.29
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s $
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s $
8.5 Approval of both the January 2019-December 2020 Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA) for Teamsters Union Local No. 252 representing Mason County’s Juvenile Detention Unit and Probation Unit.
8.6 Approval of the State Homeland Security Program (SHSP) FY-19 Grant Contract #E20-071 in the amount of $28,383 and approval to allow the Emergency Management Manger to sign on behalf of Mason County.
8.7 Approval of a resolution to cancel outstanding warrants totaling $2,882.21 per RCW 39.56.040.
8.8 Approval to authorize the County Engineer to execute the following agreements:
- Project Review Reimbursable Agreement, WSDOT Agreement No. J1440, to reimburse WSDOT for the purchase, labor, equipment and all associated incidental costs to install three pairs of solar powered rectangular rapid flashing beacons on US 101 in Hoodsport, WA.
- Maintenance and Operation Agreement after equipment is installed to reimburse WSDOT for all future costs association with yearly preventative maintenance and/or repair and replacement costs due to damage, vandalism and/or failure of equipment.
8.9 Approval of an Interlocal Agreement between Mason and Kitsap Counties to provide residential household hazardous waste collection and disposal opportunities.
8.10 Approval to sign a letter to the WRIA 14 Committee with regards to connecting the Evergreen Mobile Home Park to water and sewer service from the City of Shelton.
8.11 Approval of an Interlocal Agreement between Mason County and the City of Shelton for lobbying services.
- Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
- 6:15 p.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time-
10.1 Public Hearing to consider the sale of parcel 32127-53-00174 in the amount of $4,000. Staff: Frank Pinter
10.2 Public Hearing to consider amendments to Title 16, Plats and Subdivision Code. Staff: Kell Rowen.
- Board’s Reports & Calendars