Primary Election Ballots need to be returned to the Mason County Auditor’s office no later than 8 PM Tuesday.
All registered voters in Mason County are deciding on a three-tenths of a percent increase in sales tax to help fund public safety.
Those in the City of Shelton will selection the top two candidates for Council Member No. 2 as four people are on the ballot: Dean Jewett, Kathy McDowell (incumbent), Steven Peters and Donald Coots.
In the Southside School District, there are three people in each race for School Board. John E. Johnson, Tim Tyler and Don Robbins for Director Position No. 1.
Laurie Cox, Megan Pierce and Brandon Homan for Director Position No. 2.
Gigi Olsen, Matt Jewett and Don Pogreba for Director Position No. 4.
The top two candidates in each race will advance to the November General Election.
If mailing in your ballot, postage is prepaid. However, in order for the ballot to be counted, it must have a postmark no later than August 6, 2019.
You can also utilize one of the Ballot Drop Boxes with are available 24-hours a day until 8 PM Tuesday. Drop boxes locations:
- Mason County Offices, Building 1, 411 N 5th St, Shelton WA 98584
- Belfair, John L. Scott Building, 23910 NE State Route 3, Belfair WA 98528
- Port of Allyn, 18560 E State Route 3, Allyn WA 98524
- Hood Canal Visitor Center, 150 N Lake Cushman Rd, Hoodsport WA 98548
- Grapeview, Horton Community Center, 4350 Grapeview Loop Rd, Grapeview WA 98546
- Union, Chevron Station, 1031 E McReavy Rd, Union WA 98592
- Shelton Timberland Regional Library, 710 W Alder, Shelton WA 98584
- Kamilche Area, Fire District No. 4 Station, 3660 SE Old Olympic Hwy, Shelton WA 98584
The Drop Boxes are locked promptly at 8 PM Election Day and sealed to prevent additional ballots from being deposited.