[LIVE VIDEO] Watch the July 2, 2019 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website (co.mason.wa.us.) You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communications’ local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 9:00 a.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
July 2, 2019
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 Contract award: County Road Project 1994- Highland Road Culvert Replacement Project. Staff:Diane Sheesley
4.3 Contract award: Special Project 701-4 Satsop Cloquallum Road. Staff: Diane Sheesley
4.4 2020 Census update and presentation: Lorraine Ralston
- Open Forum for Citizen Input (3 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
- Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:15 a.m.
- Approval of Minutes – June 24, 2019 Briefing Minutes; June 4, June 11, June 18, and June 25, 2019 Regular Meeting Minutes
- Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval of the Mason County Commissioner’s 2020 and 2021 Preliminary Budget Guidelines.
8.2 Approval to enter into a 2-year contract with a term starting July 1, 2019 and ending June 30, 2021 with the following agencies:
• Community Action Council #CAC:2019-2021.1 for $1,350,622
• North Mason Resources #NMR:2019-2021.1 for $70,000
8.3 Approval of Warrants & Treasure Electronic Remittances
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s $
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s 59868-60262 $ 694,343.83
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s 7004506-7004532 $ 499,175.93
8.4 Approval of the resolution eliminating Chapter 2.146, Belfair Sewer Advisory Committee, from the Mason County Code. The committee completed its work in 2014 and submitted a report.
8.5 Approval to authorize Public Works to apply for a Public Works Board construction loan, subject to a future and separate Board deliberation/action regarding loan acceptance.
8.6 Approval to enter into a contract with Mason General Hospital to provide hepatitis B vaccinations, respirator FIT medical reviews, testing and associated supplies. The three series hepatitis B shot is $435 per employee and $21 per employee for the Respirator FIT Testing supplies.
8.7 Approval to enter into a lease agreement with RWJJ, Inc. for the Mason County Sheriff’s Substation located in the Belfair Landing Complex. The term of the lease is three years beginning September 1, 2019 and ending August 31, 2022.
8.8 Approval of the following for County Road Projects (CRP) 2022-2024:
1) Approval of resolutions for CRP 2022, Uncle John’s Creek Upper Culvert Replacement, CRP 2023 Uncle John’s Creek Lower Culvert Replacement, and CRP 2024, Dayton Creek Culvert Replacement.
2) Approval to authorize the Chair to sign all pertinent documents and approval to authorize the Public Works County Engineer to advertise, set bid dates/times and award contract.
3) Approval to authorize the County Engineer to sign the Applicant Resolution/Authorization forms.
4) Approval to authorize the County Engineer to announce Request for Qualifications as needed for consultant services for these projects and enter into contracts.
- Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
- 9:15 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public hearing to consider the sale of parcel 32232-52-08021, E. Port Townsend Street, Union, and 32021-56-01013, E. Panorama Drive, Shelton.
Staff: Jennifer Beierle
- Board’s Reports and Calendar