[LIVE VIDEO] Watch the June 25, 2019 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website (co.mason.wa.us.) You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Meeting time was changed from 6 PM. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communications’ local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 9:00 a.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
June 25, 2019
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Correspondence and Organizational Business
- Open Forum for Citizen Input (3 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
- Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:15 a.m.
- Approval of Minutes – June 3, June 10, and June 17, 2019 Briefing Minutes
- Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to set a Public Hearing on Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 6:15 p.m. to consider authorizing “No Parking” signs on the left side of Sand Hill Road from milepost 0.925 to milepost 0.987.
8.2 Approval of the 2019 Oath of Credit Card Inventory as required per RCW 43.09.2855.
8.3 Approval to enter into 2-year contracts with a term beginning July 1, 2019 and ending June 30, 2021 with the following agencies:
• Crossroads Housing- Contract CH:2019-2021.4 in the amount of $885,970
• Community Lifeline- Contract CL:2019-2021.3 in the amount of $330,000
• Shelton Family Center- Contract SFC:2019-2021.1 in the amount of $30,000
• Turning Pointe Survivor Advocacy Center- Contract TPSA:2019-2021.1 in the amount of $103,000
8.4 Approval of Warrants & Treasure Electronic Remittances
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8064932-8065047 $ 496,072.85
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s $
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s $
8.5 Approval of the Community Development Block Grant and approval to allow Frank Pinter, Support Services Director, to sign the grant agreement on behalf of Mason County.
8.6 Approval of an interlocal agreement for the Voluntary Stewardship Program (VSP) grant funded through Washington Conservation Commission with Mason Conservation District, replacing the current agreement which expires June 30, 2019. The new agreement will commence July 1, 2019 with an end date of June 30, 2021.
8.7 Approval of Contract Amendment #1 extending the contract with Northwest Event Organizers, Inc. (NEO) for the period of January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2021 for tourism development and marketing services and support of local festivals & events.
8.8 Approval to execute the resolution to close Highland Road to perform culvert replacement work at milepost 1.47 beginning Monday, July 8, 2019 and reopening prior to Friday, September 6, 2019.
- Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
- 9:15 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public Hearing to consider the sale of parcel 32021-56-01027 on E. Panorama Drive, Shelton in the amount of $5,000.
Staff: Frank Pinter
- Board’s Reports and Calendar