[LIVE VIDEO] Watch the May 28, 2019 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 6 PM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website (co.mason.wa.us.) You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communications’ local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 6:00 p.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
May 28, 2019
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Correspondence and Organizational Business
- Open Forum for Citizen Input (3 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
- Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 6:15 p.m.
- Approval of Minutes – May 13, and May 20, 2019 Briefing Minutes
- Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the Action Agenda may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to call for Request for Proposals (RFP) for 2020 Visitor Information Center (VIC) Services up to $143,000, as recommended by LTAC.
8.2 Approval to revise resolution 81-14, designating G. Ross McDowell and Frank Pinter as Applicant Agents and Jennifer Beierle and Merrilee Kenyon as Alternate Agents in order to obtain federal and/or state emergency or major disaster assistance funds on behalf of Mason County.
8.3 Approval to seta public hearing on Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 9:15 a.m. to consider amending County Code Chapter 4.08 – Animal Code.
8.4 Approval of Public Assistance Grant #D19-134 for the Presidential Disaster Declaration 4418-DR-WA for the winter storm and wind December 10-24, 2018.
8.5 Approval to appoint Loretta Swanson as the Public Works Director effective May 29, 2019.
8.6 Approval to amend Resolution 25-19 to revise the Non-Represented Salary Scale Range Alignment by removing Job Class 4006, Interim Deputy Director of Public Works, effective May 28, 2019.
8.7 Approval to appoint William Kendrick to the Mason County Civil Service Commission to fill the remainder of a six-year term that ends December 31, 2022.
8.8 Approval of Amendment #8 for Consolidated Contract #CLH18253 Mason County Public Health and the Washington State Department of Health.
8.9 Approval of Warrants & Treasure Electronic Remittances
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8064387-8064387 $ 1890.00
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s $
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s $
8.10 Approval to enter into an agreement with the Shelton Farmers Market for use of the parking lot at building 10 (414 W. Franklin Street) to accommodate vendors, participants and spectators for the Shelton Farmers Market on June 1 and June 15, 2019. Shelton Farmers Market will pay $25 to use the lot.
8.11 Approval to set a public hearing on Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 9:15 a.m. to consider code amendments to Title 14, Chapter 14.22 Flood Damage Prevention and Title 8, Chapter 8.52, Section 8.52.130 Frequently Flooded Areas.
8.12 Approval to set a public hearing on Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 9:15 a.m. to consider approval of budget supplemental appropriations and amendments to the 2019 budget in the following amounts:
• Total budget Supplemental Appropriation Requests: General Fund $248,686
• Total Budget Supplemental Appropriation Requests: Belfair Sewer Fund $449,550
• Total Budget Amendment Requests: General Fund $214,273
• Total Budget Amendment Requests: Special & Other Funds $198,424
- Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
- 6:15 p.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time-No hearings.
- Board’s Reports & Calendars