The Mason County Auditor’s Office is holding a Candidate Workshop on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Elections Department at 411 N. 5th Street in Shelton.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is thinking about running for office this year. The workshop will include information about: open positions, filing for office, election deadlines, candidate statements, sign regulations and requesting voter information.
Chip Beatty, from the Public Disclosure Commission, will explain candidate reporting requirements and answer any questions.
The workshop will also include a brief overview of the election process.
Candidate filing week is May 13-17, 2019.
Among the positions up for election this fall:
- Three seats on the Shelton City Council
- Two positions on the Port of Shelton Commission
- One seat on the commissions for the Port of Dewatto, Port of Grapeview and Port of Hoodsport
- Three on the school boards for Shelton, North Mason, Pioneer, Southside and Grapeview
- Four positions on the school boards for Hood Canal and Mary M. Knight
- A seat on the Public Hospital District 1 Commission
- Two seats on the Public Hospital District 2 Commission
- At least one commissioner seat on every Fire District in the county
- Commissioner positions for water districts in Belfair, Hartstene Pointe, Maggie Lake, Tahuya River and Trails End
- And all three seats on Cemetery District 1 Commission