The Port of Shelton received a clean audit opinion from the Washington State Auditor’s Office.
The audit focused on the 2017 Financial Statements and Accountability. The audit examined the following areas:
- Industrial Leases – billing and cash receipting
- Procurement – public works and professional services
- Financial condition and fiscal sustainability
- Open public meetings compliance
- Controls over state grants, and
- Tracking and monitoring of theft sensitive assets (small tools).
There were no findings or management issues noted. A finding is a deficiency, material weakness, or misstatement discovered during an audit, which the auditor is required to report.
“It is our duty to the community to be financially responsible and transparent in all Port operations. This positive, clean report from an independent annual audit is the result of the integrity, commitment and
experience of our staff and outside auditor,” states Wendy Smith, Executive Director. “In addition to the day?to?day operations, the support from our three commission members enables us to constantly be at our best.”
The Washington State Auditor’s Office independently serves the citizens of Washington by promoting accountability, fiscal integrity, and openness in state and local government. Working with these governments and with citizens, the office strives to ensure the efficient and effective use of public