Ballots for the General Election need to be returned to the Mason County Auditor’s Office by 8 PM Tuesday or have a postmark no later than November 6th. There are several ballot drop box locations but no postage is necessary for those mailing in their ballots.
There are over 38,000 active registered voters in Mason County who will find four statewide initiatives, an advisory vote, and races for U.S. Senator, U.S. Representative, all three 35th State Legislative positions, and every elected office in Mason County on their ballot. There are also races for Supreme Court Justice, Court of Appeals Judge and Mason County Superior and District Court Judges.
Mason County PUD No. 1 and Mason County PUD No. 3 have Commissioner races.
And those in Mason County Fire Districts 9 and 16 will be deciding whether to merge the two fire departments.
If mailing in your ballot, it is recommended you get it in the mail today (Monday, November 5, 2018) to be sure you meet the deadline and get your vote counted.
Here are the ballot drop box locations:
- Mason County Offices, Building 1, 411 N Fifth St, Shelton WA 98584
- Belfair, John L. Scott Building, 23910 NE State Route 3, Belfair WA 98528
- Port of Allyn, 18560 E State Route 3, Allyn WA 98524
- Hood Canal Visitor Center, 150 N Lake Cushman Rd, Hoodsport WA 98548
- Grapeview, Horton Community Center, 4350 Grapeview Loop Rd, Grapeview WA 98546
- Union, Texaco Station, 1031 E McReavy Rd, Union WA 98592
- Shelton Timberland Regional Library, 710 W Alder, Shelton WA 98584
- Kamilche Area, Fire District No. 4 Station, 3660 SE Old Olympic Hwy, Shelton WA 98584
The Drop Boxes are locked promptly at 8 PM Election Day and sealed to prevent additional ballots from being deposited.
MasonWebTV Powered by HCC will have election results once they are released after 8 PM Tuesday.