Crews continue working on infrastructure improvement projects in Shelton that are impacting traffic around the City. This construction includes the Downtown Connector Project and the Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project as well as residential street paving. As a reminder, there are several temporary traffic revisions and lane closures in effect in the downtown area. Traffic revisions mentioned in this update are subject to change without notice, and may not include all potential revisions and/or lane closures that could be implemented. Here are where crews are working October 8th to October 12th.
Downtown Connector Project:
- Late in the week, Olympic Highway North will be reduced to one lane with alternating traffic directions between 7th St. and C St. Flaggers will be on site directing traffic through the work area.
- 1st Street will be reduced to two lanes, one in each direction, at the intersection of 1st. St. and Alder St.
- Alder will be closed between 1st St. and 2nd St., and 6th St. and 7th St.
Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project:
- Strarting Tuesday, intermittent closures on 2nd St. between Alder and Laurel St.
- Expect intermittent closures throughout the work area. Crews will be doing concrete work on the sidewalk and alley approaches.
2018 Residential Street Paving Schedule:
Crews will continue work on the 20 residential blocks that will be paved between now and October 12th. Each street will be closed for approximately 4 – 5 hours for paving and cooling.
Monday, October 8th
– Olympic Avenue, 11th St. to 14th St.
– Thomas Avenue, 11th St. to 13th St.
Wednesday, October 10th & 11th
– Cota Street, First St. to Front St.
– Birch Street, 10th St. to ‘B’ St.
Friday, October 12th
– Madison Street, ‘K’ St. to ‘J’ St.
– Jefferson Street, ‘B’ St. to ‘A’ St.