Crews continue working on infrastructure improvement projects in Shelton that are impacting traffic around the City. This construction includes the Downtown Connector Project and the Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project. As a reminder, there are several temporary traffic revisions and lane closures in effect in the downtown area. Traffic revisions mentioned in this update are subject to change without notice, and may not include all potential revisions and/or lane closures that could be implemented. Here are where crews are working October 1st to October 5th.
Downtown Connector Project:
- Late in the week, Olympic Highway North will be reduced to one lane with alternating traffic directions between 7th St. and C St. Flaggers will be on site directing traffic through the work area.
- 1st Street will be reduced to two lanes, one in each direction, at the intersection of 1st. St. and Alder St.
- Alder will be closed between 1st St. and 2nd St., and 6th St. and 7th St.
- Starting on Monday, crews will begin paving the following streets:
- Alder St. between 3rd St. and 7th St.
- 4th St., 5th St., and 6th St. between Alder St. and Birch St.
- 3rd St., 4th St., 5th St., and 6th St. between Alder St. and Pine St.
Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project:
- Starting on Tuesday, crews will begin paving the following streets in the Northcliff Development:
- Roy Blvd., James Dr., 7th St., and 8th St.
- Intermittent closures on 2nd St., 3rd St., 4th St., 5th St., 6th St., and 7th St. between Alder St. and Laurel St.