Crews continue working on infrastructure improvement projects in Shelton that are impacting traffic around the City. This construction includes the Downtown Connector Project, the Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project and Cascade Natural Gas. As a reminder, there are several temporary traffic revisions and lane closures in effect in the downtown area. Traffic revisions mentioned in this update are subject to change without notice, and may not include all potential revisions and/or lane closures that could be implemented. Here are where crews are working September 17th to September 21st.
Downtown Connector Project:
- Olympic Highway North will be open. The roadway is reduced to two lanes, one in each direction.
- The intersection of 1st and Alder will be closed. Northcliff Road will remain accessible from Birch St.
- Alder will be closed between 1st St. and 3rd. St.
- Intermittent closures from 3rd St. to 6th St. between Alder and Birch.
- 4th St., 5th St., and 6th St. will remain gravel roads until paving begins, September 28th – October 2nd.
Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project:
- The following work areas will be closed during work hours, approximately 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM:
- 1st St. will be closed between Pine St. and Birch St. Suggested detours will be marked. Northcliff Road will remain accessible from Birch St. (Traffic will be allowed north and south in the east lane of 1st St. between Pine St. and Birch St. starting later in the week.)
- Alder St. will be closed between 1st St. and 2nd St.
- Between the intersection of 1st St. & Alder St. and the North Front St. & Highway 3 intersection. Local access only.
Cascade Natural Gas:
- Railroad Avenue will be reduced to one lane west of 7th St. during work hours, approximately 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM.