Crews continue working on several infrastructure improvement projects in Shelton that are impacting traffic around the City. This construction includes the Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project and the Downtown Connector Project. As a reminder, there are several temporary traffic revisions and lane closures in effect in the downtown area. Traffic revisions mentioned in this update are subject to change without notice, and may not include all potential revisions and/or lane closures that could be implemented. Here are where crews are working August 27 to August 31.
Downtown Connector Project:
- Olympic Highway North will be open. The roadway is reduced to two lanes, one in each direction.
- On Monday, August 27th, 4th St. and 6th St. will be closed between Birch St. and Pine St.
- Early in the week, there will be intermittent delays at the 7th and Alder intersection to remove the traffic signal poles.
- Intermittent closures on Alder St. from 3rd. St. – 6th St.
Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project:
Due to a Laborers Union Strike, construction has been suspended on the Basin 3 project. Once a deal has been reached, construction will resume and the following traffic revisions and lane closures will be implemented:
- The following work areas will be closed during work hours, approximately 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM:
- 1st St. will be closed between Pine St. and Birch St. Suggested detours will be marked. Northcliff Road will remain accessible from Birch St. (Traffic will be allowed north and south in the east lane of 1st St. between Pine St. and Birch St. starting later in the week.)
- Alder St. will be closed between 1st St. and 2nd St.
- Between the intersection of 1st St. & Alder St. and the North Front St. & Highway 3 intersection. Local access only.
Turner Avenue Revitalization Project:
- The Turner Avenue Project is complete. No closures on Turner Avenue.