Crews continue working on several infrastructure improvement projects in Shelton that are impacting traffic around the City. This construction includes the Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project, Downtown Connector Project, Turner Avenue Revitalization Project, and preparations for roadway paving. As a reminder, there are several temporary traffic revisions and lane closures in effect in the downtown area. Traffic revisions mentioned in this update are subject to change without notice, and may not include all potential revisions and/or lane closures that could be implemented. Here are where crews are working August 13 to August 17.
Downtown Connector Project:
- Olympic Highway North will be open. The roadway is reduced to two lanes, one in each direction.
- Work Areas:
- Along Alder St. between 3rd St. and 7th St., no anticipated closures.
- Between Alder St. and Birch St. from 3rd. St. to 7th St., no anticipated closures.
Traffic revisions at the intersection of Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. and N 7th St. remain in effect until further notice
Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project:
- Northcliff Road reopened Saturday, August 4th.
- The following work areas will be closed during work hours, approximately 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM:
- 1st St. will be closed between Pine St. and Birch St. Suggested detours will be marked.
- Alder St. will be closed between 1st St. and 2nd St.
- Between the intersection of 1st St. & Alder St. and the North Front St. & Highway 3 intersection. Local access only.
Turner Avenue Revitalization Project:
- No closures on Turner Ave this week.
On Monday, August 13th, the following streets will be closed during work hours, approximately 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM, while City crews grind asphalt in preparation for new pavement:
- Olympic Avenue between 11th St. and 14th St.
- Thomas Avenue between 11th St. and 13th St.
After grading, shaping, and compacting are complete, the roads will be reopened. It is anticipated that the closure will only last one day. Final paving will be completed by a contractor in the coming months.