Crews continue working on several infrastructure improvement projects in the downtown area of Shelton that are impacting travel around the city. There are several temporary traffic revisions and lane closures currently in effect. Traffic revisions mentioned in this update are subject to change without notice, and may not include all potential revisions and/or lane closures that could be implemented. However, here is the schedule for August 6 to August 10.
These projects are the Basin 3 Rehabilitation Project, Downtown Connector Project, Cascade Natural Gas updates, and the Turner Avenue Revitalization Project:
Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project:
- Northcliff Road will reopen Saturday, August 4th.
- The following works area well be closed during work hours, approximately 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM:
- Front St. between Highway 3 and Alder St.
- 1St. St. between Pine St. and Birch St.
Downtown Connector Project:
- Olympic Highway North will be open. The roadway is reduced to two lanes, one in each direction.
- Intermittent closures on Alder St. between 3rd St. and 5th St. through Wednesday, 8/8.
- Intermittent closures between Alder St. and Birch St. from 3rd. St. to 7th St. through Wednesday, 8/8.
- Starting Thursday, 8/9, Alder St. will be closed between 2nd St. and 7th St. for approximately one week while crews pour new curbing.
Traffic revisions at the intersection of Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. and N 7th St. remain in effect until further notice
Cascade Natural Gas System Upgrades:
- Intermittent single lane closure on Railroad Ave. between Pacific Court and Highway 101.
Turner Avenue Revitalization Project:
- No closures on Turner Ave this week.