Crews continue working on several infrastructure improvement projects in the downtown area of Shelton that are impacting travel around the city. There are several temporary traffic revisions and lane closures currently in effect. Traffic revisions mentioned in this update are subject to change without notice, and may not include all potential revisions and/or lane closures that could be implemented. However, here is the schedule for July 30 to August 3. These projects are the Basin 3 Rehabilitation Project, Downtown Connector Project, Cascade Natural Gas updates, and the Turner Avenue Revitalization Project:
Downtown Connector Project:
- Olympic Highway North will be open. The roadway will be reduced to two lanes, one in each direction.
- Intermittent closures on Alder St. between 3rd St. and 5th St.
- Intermittent closures between Alder St. and Birch St. from 3rd. St. to 7th St.
Traffic revisions at the intersection of Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. and N 7th St. remain in effect until further notice.
Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project:
- Northcliff Road will be closed between San Joaquin Avenue and Poplar Street through August 3rd for the installation of a new sewer main. Use Olympic Highway North as an alternate route.
- Intermittent closures on 2nd St. between Alder and Laurel.
- Intermittent closures on Front St. between Highway 3 and Alder.
- Intermittent closures on Alder between Front St. and 1st St.
Cascade Natural Gas System Upgrades:
- Intermittent single lane closure on Railroad Ave. between Pacific Court and Highway 101.
Turner Avenue Revitalization Project:
- Crews will be working on a road edge treatment along Turner Ave between 7th St. and 16th St. No scheduled closures or detours.