The City of Shelton has made traffic revisions at the intersection of Olympic Highway North/West Alder Street and North 7th Street to help alleviate some traffic congestion. These revisions include turning off the traffic signal at the intersection and closing streets.
- 7th Street will be closed between W Alder St. and W Birch St. No through traffic will be permitted.
- W Alder Street will be closed between N 7th St. and N 6th St. No through traffic will be permitted.
- Unrestricted LEFT turns will be allowed from N 7th St. onto Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. No right turns permitted.
- Unrestricted RIGHT turns will be allowed from Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. onto N 7th St. No left turns permitted.
- The traffic signal at Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. and N 7th St. will be turned off.
- The Shelton Timberland Library will remain accessible from W Birch St. W Birch St. can be accessed from either N 6th St., N 5th St., N 4th St., N 3rd St., or N 2nd St.
These revisions will remain in effect throughout the duration of the Downtown Connector project.