Crews continue working on several infrastructure improvement projects in the downtown area of Shelton that are impacting travel around the city. There are several temporary traffic revisions and lane closures currently in effect. Traffic revisions mentioned in this update are subject to change without notice, and may not include all potential revisions and/or lane closures that could be implemented. However, here is the schedule for July 23 to July 27. These projects are the Basin 3 Rehabilitation Project, Downtown Connector Project, Cascade Natural Gas updates, and the Turner Avenue Revitalization Project:
Downtown Connector Project:
- Olympic Highway North will be open. The roadway will be reduced to two lanes, one in each direction.
- Intermittent closures on Alder St. between 3rd St. and 5th St.
- Intermittent closures between Alder St. and Birch St. from 3rd. St. to 7th St.
Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project:
- Northcliff Road will be closed between San Joaquin Avenue and Poplar Street through August 3rd for the installation of a new sewer main. Use Olympic Highway North as an alternate route.
- Intermittent closures at the intersection of 1st St. and Alder.
- Intermittent closures on Front St. between Alder and Pine.
Cascade Natural Gas System Upgrades:
- Intermittent single lane closure on Railroad Ave. west of 8th St.
Turner Avenue Revitalization Project:
- Intermittent detours on Turner Ave between Angleside Rd. and 16th St. to complete shoulder work and roadway striping.