The following is a summary of road construction and maintenance scheduled on state highways around Mason County and adjoining areas from July 22, 2018 to July 28, 2018.
SR 102, WA ST Corrections Center St to US 101 – Chip Seal
Highway: Dayton Airport Road (SR 102) Region: Olympic County: Mason Location: Milepost(s) 0.01 to 2.9
Description: Crews will refresh asphalt between US 101 and the Washington Corrections Center.
Work Schedule: Drivers could encounter delays during daytime hours Monday and Tuesday, July 23-24. Crews during those days will install permanent lane markings.
SR 8 – Middle and East Forks Wildcat Creek – Remove Fish Barriers
Highway: SR 8 Region: Olympic County: Grays Harbor Location: Milepost(s) 4.3 to 7.5
Description: The eastbound lanes have been reconfigured to accommodate both directions of traffic as crews replace outdated culverts under SR 8 to improve fish passage for Middle and East Fork Wildcat Creek.
Work Schedule: Around the clock traffic shift through spring 2019. Any lane closures will be announced.
Highway: US 101 Region: Olympic County: Mason Location: Milepost(s) 331.9
Description: Shoulder closure in both directions to place a water line.
Work Schedule: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, July 23-26.
Highway: US 101 Region: Olympic County: Jefferson Location: Milepost(s) 276.8
Description: One-way alternating traffic for pavement repairs.
Work Schedule: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, July 23.
Tips for Driving Through Work Zones
- Pay attention – Driver inattention is the number one cause of work zone accidents.
- Leave room between you and the car ahead of you – Most work zone accidents involve someone
- running into the car ahead of them. Drive defensively – be aware of what is happening around you.
- Merge before you reach the work zone.
- Don’t use cell phones or adjust your radio while driving through the work zone.