Watch the July 10, 2018 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 9:00 a.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
July 10, 2018
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 News Release- Mason County and City of Shelton Recycling Press Release Staff: Bart Stepp
4.3 News Release- Eells Hill Transfer Station ½ day closure Staff: Bart Stepp
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – June 19, 2018 Regular Meeting Minutes
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to award $197,192 from the Treatment Sales Tax fund (TST) and enter into contracts for an 18 month term with a start date of July 1, 2018 with the following agencies:
|120,692||Northwest Resources II|
|76,500||Behavioral Health Resources|
8.2 Approval to nominate Jennifer Baria to the Pacific Mountain Workforce Development Board of Directors for a three year term ending July 10, 2021.
8.3 Approval of warrants
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s $
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s $
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s $
Treasure Electronic Remittance for June 2018 $ 3,563,614.88
8.4 Approval to extend Rik Fredrickson’s appointment on the Solid Waste Advisory Committee through October 31, 2018.
8.5 Approval of the Mason County Commissioner’s 2019 and 2020 Preliminary Budget Guidelines.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public hearing to consider the resolution adopting the amended 2018 Annual Construction Program. Staff: John Huestis
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar