Crews continue working on several infrastructure improvement projects in the downtown area of Shelton that are impacting travel around the city. There are several temporary traffic revisions and lane closures currently in effect. Traffic revisions mentioned in this update are subject to change without notice, and may not include all potential revisions and/or lane closures that could be implemented. However, here is the schedule for July 2nd to July 6th:
Downtown Connector Project:
- Olympic Highway North will be open. The roadway will continue to be reduced down to two lanes, one in each direction.
- Intermittent closures on Alder St. between 1st St. and 7th St.
Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project:
- Northcliff Road will be reduced to one lane between San Joaquin Avenue and Poplar Street on Monday, July 2nd.
- Northcliff Road will be closed between San Joaquin Avenue and Poplar Street on July 9th until further notice. Use Olympic Highway North as an alternate route.
- Work on 5th, 6th, and 7th between Laurel St. and Henry St. Expect intermittent closures.
- Work at the corner of 2nd St. and Laurel St., closures at 3rd St. and Laurel St. as well as 2nd St. and Birch St.
Cascade Natural Gas System Upgrades:
- 12th St. will be closed between Franklin St. and Cota St. on Monday, July 2nd and Tuesday, July 3rd.
- Intermittent lane closures on Franklin St. between 9th St. and 11th St.