Watch the June 26, 2018 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 6 PM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers— 6:00 p.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
June 26, 2018
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after” Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 6:30 p.m.
7. Approval of Minutes —June 18, 2018 briefing minutes
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the Action Agenda may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to execute the resolution setting a hearing date with the Hearings Examiner for Wednesday, July 25, 2018 to consider public comment on the proposed vacation of a portion of W. Cloquallum Road.
8.2 Approval to award $418, 875 $375,875 from the Local 2163 and 2160 Document Recording fees and enter into contracts for a one-year term with the following agencies beginning July 1, 2018:
|49,500||Turning Pointe||DV Shelter|
|50,000||63,705||Community Lifeline||Adult Shelter|
|179,670||Crossroads Housing||Family Shelter, Transitional Housing, Coordinated Entry, and Rapid Rehousing|
|33,000||North Mason Resources||Coordinated Entry-North Mason|
|43,000||HOST||Youth Transitional Housing|
8.3 Approval of the 2018-2019 Juvenile Detention Alternatives Initiative Grant Application Contract Number I-501-00812 in the amount of $24,500.
8.4 Approval of Contract Number K2751 between Mason County and the Washington State Health Care Authority for the Access to Baby &Child Dentistry (ABCD) Program.
8.5 Approval of the Ordinance creating Mason County Lake Management District No. 2 for Mason Lake and set a public hearing on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. to hear objections to the roll of rates and charges.
8.6 Approval of the resolution for the distribution of the Public Utility District Excise Tax per RCW 54.28.090. The Mason County Current Expense Fund will receive $734,620.43 and the City of Shelton will receive $82,020.51.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 6:30 p.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time-
10.1 Public Hearing to consider the following Supplemental Appropriations and Budget Transfers to the 2018 Budget:
Staff: Jennifer Beierle
• $644,255 Increase to Current Expense Non-Departmental Revenue for Road Internal Allocation and Increase to Current Expense Ending Fund Balance
• $34,000 Increase to Belfair Sewer Fund 413 Revenue for Belfair Sewer Feasibility Study and Increase to Fund 413 Professional Services Expense
• $38,650 Increase to Sheriff Revenue for various private contracts and Increase to MCSO overtime expenses
• $7,000 Increase to Support Services Revenue for a reimbursable digital imaging grant received from WA State Archives and Increase to various Support Services expense accounts Deleted as this grant will not be reported as revenue to Mason County.
• $2,500 Increase to Juvenile Services Revenue for JDAI Grant increase and Increase to Juvenile Services various expense accounts
• $24,565 Increase to Criminal Justice Treatment Account in Therapeutic Court for funding from DSHS and Increase to Therapeutic Courts various expense accounts
• $104,737 Increase to Current Expense Non-Departmental Revenue for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Increase to Current Expense Non-Departmental Expense
• $231,334.50 Increase to REET 2 Fund 351 for Recreation and Conservation Office Grant and Increase to REET 2 Capital Outlays Expense
• $506,000 increase to County Road Fund 105 for Recreation and Conservation Office Grant and increases to various other existing grants, and Increase to Capital and Professional Services expenses.
• $290,000 increase to Skokomish Flood Zone Fund 192 for increased funding from Mason Conservation District and Increase to various expense accounts
• $207,235 increase to Storm Drain System Development Fund 480 for Department of Ecology Grant Funds and increase to various expense accounts and ending fund balance
• Landfill Reserve Fund 428 Transfer from: Ending Fund Balance – $30,000
To: Landfill Reserve— Misc. Contracted Professional Services – $30,000
• Belfair Sewer Fund 413 Transfer from: Ending Fund Balance – $66,000
To: Belfair Sewer— Professional Services/Misc – $66,000
• Auditor’s O&M Fund 104 Transfer from: Ending Fund Balance – $2,050
To: Auditor’s O&M — Medical/Dental/Vision/Life – $1,907.50
To: Auditor’s 0&M — Reserve for Technology – $142.50
• Current Expense Fund 001.320 Transfer from: Ending Fund Balance – $31,950
To: Auditor— Medical/Dental/Vision/Life $6,500
To: Human Resources— Medical/Dental/Vision/Life – $8,000
To: Clerk— Medical/Dental/Vision/Life – $6,100
To: Treasurer- Various Salaries and Benefits – $5,050
To: Commissioners — State Retirement – $3,600
To: Assessor— Medical/Dental/Vision/Life – $2,700
• Veterans Assistance Fund 190 Transfer from: Transfers Out – $50,000
To: Mental Health Tax Fund 164 – $50,000
• Veterans Assistance Fund 190 Transfer from: Transfers Out – $50,000
To: Community Support Services Fund 117 – $50,000
• Law Library Fund 160 eliminate transfer from: Transfers Out – $4,940
To: Support Services Fund 001.090 – $4,940
• Law Library Fund 160 Transfer from: Ending Fund Balance – $4,940
To: Law Library—Various Salary and Benefits – $4,940
• Facilities &Grounds Fund 001.055 Transfer from: Transfers Out – $6,830.47
To: Historical Preservation Fund 116 – $6,830.47
• Facilities &Grounds Fund 001.055 Transfer from: Transfers Out – $10,000
To: Community Support Services Fund 117 -$10,000
• Sheriff 001.205 Transfer from: Ending Fund Balance – $55,090
To: Sheriff— Enterprise Payments 001.000000.205.267.521.22.545030.0000.00 – 34 403
To: Sheriff— ER&R Upfit/Downfits 001.000000.205.267.521.22.548098.0000.00 – 20 687
• Sheriff Special Funds 140 Transfer from: Ending Fund Balance – $1,380.16
To: Sheriff Special Funds— SAR Van Tires – $1,380.16
• Current Expense Fund 001.320 Transfer from: Ending Fund Balance – $107,831
To: Auditor—Various Salary &Benefit Lines $20,828
To: Auditor—Various Expense Lines $13,700
To: Treasurer—Various Salary & Benefit Lines – $31,003
To: Clerk—Various Salary &Benefit Lines – $42,300
• Current Expense Fund 001.320 Transfer from: Ending Fund Balance – $70,000
To: Accrued Leave—Various Salary & Benefit Lines – $70,000
• County Road Fund 105 Transfer from: Ending Fund Balance – $311,000
To: County Road — Professional Services Line – $311,000
11. Board’s Reports & Calendars