Crews continue working on several infrastructure improvement projects in the downtown area of Shelton that are impacting travel around the city. There are several temporary traffic revisions and lane closures currently in effect. Traffic revisions mentioned in this update are subject to change without notice, and may not include all potential revisions and/or lane closures that could be implemented. However, here is the schedule for June 25th to June 29th:
Olympic Highway North Closure – Between 7th Street and West C Street – June 25 – 29
Starting on Monday, June 25th Olympic Highway North will be temporarily closed for construction as part of the Downtown Connector Project between 7th Street and West C Street until Friday, June 29th. Crews will be working on a series of stormwater drainage system improvements that will require trenches being dug across the road in various locations. Due to potentially hazardous conditions and the inability to safely cover the trenches with steel plates, we are implementing a temporary closure of the roadway. It is anticipated that Olympic Highway North will reopen on Saturday, June 30th.
Please use Northcliff Road as an alternate route next week during the closure. The Shelton Timberland Library will still be accessible from West Birch Street.
Areas affected by the Basin 3 Rehab Project, Downtown Connector Project, and Cascade Natural Gas updates
Downtown Connector Project:
- Olympic Highway North will be temporarily closed between 7th St. and West C Street.
Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project:
- Continuation of work in alleys between Alder and Birch from 3rd St. to 7th St. Expect periodic road closures.
- Work in alleys between 3rd St. and 4th. St. from Alder to Pine. Expect intermittent closures on 3rd St. and 4th St.
- Work at the corner of 2nd and Laurel, closures at 3rd and Laurel as well as 2nd and Birch.
Cascade Natural Gas System Upgrades:
- Railroad Avenue will be reduced to one lane west of 12th St.