Crews continue working on several infrastructure improvement projects in Shelton that are impacting traffic around the City. This construction includes the Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project, Downtown Connector Project, upgrades to the Cascade Natural Gas system and restoration of Wilson Street. As a reminder, there are several temporary traffic revisions and lane closures in effect in the downtown area. Here are where crews are working during the week of June 18th to June 22nd.
Downtown Connector Project:
- Alder/Olympic Highway North will be limited to two lanes of traffic, one lane in each direction.
- Crews will be demoing on 6th and 7th between Alder and Birch, closures between Alder and Birch on both 6th and 7th.
- Expect periodic closures throughout Alder. Majority of work will take place behind the jersey barriers on Olympic Highway North.
Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project:
- Continuation of work in alleys between Alder and Birch from 3rd St. to 7th St. Expect periodic road closures.
- Work in alleys between 3rd St. and 4th. St. from Alder to Pine. Expect intermittent closures on 3rd St. and 4th St.
- Work at the corner of 2nd and Laurel, closures at 3rd and Laurel as well as 2nd and Birch.
Cascade Natural Gas System Upgrades:
- There will be a lane closure at 7th and Franklin St. Traffic will be reduced to one lane of travel.
- Railroad Avenue will be reduced to one lane west of 12th St.
Wilson Street Restoration:
- Starting on either Monday, June 18th or Tuesday, June 19th, there will be periodic roadway and lane closures on Wilson St. between S. 1st. St. and Stevens St.