Watch the May 1, 2018 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 9:00 a.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
May 1, 2018
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 News Release- Mason County Solid Waste Advisory Committee Vacancy Staff:Bart Stepp
4.3 News Release-Mason County Board of Equalization Vacancy Staff: Dawn Twiddy
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – April 16, 2018 Briefing Minutes; April 24, 2018 Regular Meeting Minutes.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval of the Interlocal Agreement with Fire District 3 authorizing services provided by the Public Works Department for vehicle maintenance, road or site maintenance, engineering, survey, GIS, emergency assistance, sign fabrication, fueling and materials supply.
8.2 Approval to appoint Kathy Geist to represent transit interests on the Transportation Improvement Program Citizen Advisory Panel (TIP-CAP).
8.3 Approval of Warrants & Treasure Electronic Remittances
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8055572-8056144 $ 777,823.92
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s 49369-49737 $ 742,117.54
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s 7003577-7003605 $ 563,901.38
Total $ 2,083,842.84
8.4 Approval to set a public hearing for Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. to approve the amendments to Title 17.34- Signs in the Belfair Urban Growth Area.
8.5 Approval of the Law Library Access contract and the Correctional Access Contract between the Mason County Law Library and Westlaw for continued service.
8.6 Approval to amend the contract between Mason County and Community Action Council in the amount of $53,285 with additional funding from the Department of Commerce and pass on performance measures from Commerce.
8.7 Approval for the Chair to sign the Electronic Home Monitoring (EHM) contract with Satellite Tracking of People (STOP) for the Mason County Jail. The expense of the leased equipment is reimbursed by the Alternative Sentencing User Fees.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public Hearing to consider approval of the following supplemental appropriations and budget transfer requests to the 2018 budget:
• $80,000 to Current Expense MCSO Revenue from North Mason School District for School Resource Officer
• ($80,000) to Current Expense MCSO for Salaries and Benefits Patrol
• $101,000 to Current Expense MCSO Revenue from BHO for Training
• ($101,000) to Current Expense MCSO for Professional Services and Supplies CJTC Training
• $150,000 Transfer Out from Treatment Sales Tax Fund to MCSO Revenue
• $150,000 Transfer In from Treatment Sales Tax Fund to MCSO Revenue replacing $150,000 from BHO
• $14,500 Revenue to CE Ending Fund Balance from Public Works ER&R for DEM Vehicle #00158 being returned to ER&R
• $14,075 Payment to Public Works from MCSO- Professional Services via CE Ending Fund Balance for Labor & Equipment for Special Investigation work completed in 2017
$14,500 Increase in Current Expense Ending Fund Balance
$14,075 Decrease in Current Expense Ending Fund Balance
Net Impact: $425 Increase in Current Expense Ending Fund Balance
Staff: Frank Pinter
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar