Watch the April 24, 2018 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 6 PM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 6:00 p.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
April 24, 2018
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 Shelton Substance Abuse Prevention Education Partners letter to retailers
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 6:30 p.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – March 13, 2018 Regular meeting minutes.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the Action Agenda may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to authorize the Public Works Director to execute the contract agreement with Financial Consulting Solutions Group, Inc. to update and revise the Belfair sewer financial plan and complete an updated financial plan.
8.2 Approval for Mason County Noxious Weed Control Board to enter into a Professional Services Contract Agreement with Hood Canal Coordinating Council’s In-Lieu Fee Mitigation Program.
8.3 Approval of Warrants & Treasure Electronic Remittances
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8055365-8055571 $ 479,846.47
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s $
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s $_______
Total $ 479,846.47
8.4 Approval of the resolution renaming the 1/10th of 1% Sales & Use Tax for Mental Health and Substance Abuse to “Treatment Sales Tax”, and establishing a collaborative budget development and approval process for the allocation of the Treatment Sales Tax under RCW 82.14.460.
8.5 Approval to set a public hearing on May 8, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. to consider a $150,000 budget transfer to the 2018 budget -Auditor Election Holding Fund in order to purchase a new ballot tabulation system.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 6:30 p.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time- No Hearings.
11. Board’s Reports & Calendars