Watch the April 10, 2018 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 News Release-Mason County Community Services one day closure Staff: Dave Windom
4.3 Proclamation- Mason County Shellfish Week Staff: Cmmr. Drexler
4.4 PUD #1 water expansion update – Kristin Masteller
4.5 Timberland Regional Library Report- Cheryl Heywood
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – March 19, 2018 briefing minutes and March 27, 2018 regular meeting minutes.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to set a Public Hearing on May 1, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. to consider the following:
• $80,000 to Current Expense MCSO Revenue from North Mason School District for School Resource Officer
• ($80,000) to Current Expense MCSO for Salaries and Benefits Patrol (OT)
• $101,000 to Current Expense MCSO Revenue from BHO for Training
• ($101,000) to Current Expense MCSO for Professional Services CJTC Training
• $150,000 Transfer Out from Treatment Sales Tax Fund to MCSO Revenue
• $150,000 Transfer In from Treatment Sales Tax Fund to MCSO Revenue replacing $150,000 from BHO
• $14,500 Revenue to CE Ending Fund Balance from Public Works ER&R for DEM Vehicle #00158 being returned to ER&R
• $14,075 Payment to Public Works from MCSO- Professional Services via CE Ending Fund Balance for Labor & Equipment for Special Investigation work completed in 2017
8.2 Approval to authorize the County Engineer to execute the AARP Community Challenge 2018 application for a sidewalk project on Old Belfair Hwy, as well as approval to authorize the Chair to sign all pertinent documents for the project.
8.3 Approval to authorize the Deputy Director/Utilities & Waste Manager to approve Amendment No. 2 for construction services by HDR, Inc. for the Eells Hill Improvements project.
8.4 Approval of Warrants & Treasure Electronic Remittances
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8055100-8055363 $ 1,051,595.60
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s $
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s $
Treasure Electronic Remittance for March 2018 $ 1,864,209.82
8.5 Approval to set a Public Hearing on Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. to consider the 2017 Current Use Open Space applications and correcting a 2011 Current Use application from Duane Rogers.
8.6 Approval to extend vendor contracts for Mendoza’s Texas Style Food and North Mason Little League contracts for three years (2018-2020).
8.7 Approval to adopt the Mason County Multi-jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan.
8.8 Approval of the amended prisoner housing contract between the Mason County Sheriff’s Office and the City of Shelton.
8.9 Approval to amend the rental contract for the Mell Chevrolet Building for Facilities, Sheriff’s Office Evidence, and Mason County Search and Rescue.
8.10 Approval to purchase a new pump from Granich Engineered Products, Inc. to replace a failed pump at the Tacoma Lift Station for the North Bay Sewer System.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time- No hearings.
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar