Watch the March 27, 2018 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 6 PM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here’s the meeting’s agenda:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 6:00 p.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
March 27, 2018
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 News Release- Mason County Parks and Trails Advisory Board Opening Staff: Frank Pinter
4.3 News Release- Request for Proposal Homeless Housing Grant Funds Staff: Todd Parker
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 6:30 p.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – None.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the Action Agenda may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval of a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) for Mason Lake Recreation Area Access. Mason County employees will be subject to a $50 annual membership fee to gain access to the Mason Lake Recreation Area and any appropriate usage fee.
8.2 Approval for Frank Pinter, Support Services Director, to sign “Temporary Permit to Enter” documents from City of Shelton for the Downtown Connector Project.
8.3 Approval of Warrants & Treasure Electronic Remittances
|Claims Clearing Fund||Warrant #s 8054859-8055099||$903,511.96|
|Direct Deposit Fund||Warrant #s 48637-49004||$662,277.12|
|Salary Clearing Fund||Warrant #s 7003507-7003536||$472,273.86|
8.4 Approval to reappoint Jacqueline Earley and Derek Epps to the Pacific Mountain Workforce Development Board of Directors for a three year term ending June 30, 2018.
8.5 Approval to amend Resolution 48-17 designating the appointing Officers from Mason County for the Washington Counties Risk Pool.
8.6 Approval of the following Mason County Officers, Employee’s and Volunteer(s) request for Defense and Indemnification coverage as named defendants in the Charles S. Longshore, Civil Rights Action 3:18 CV-05069-RJB-JRC United States District court case served upon them on February 21, 2018: Kevin Hanson, Joseph Ott, Robert Decker, Joseph Johnston, and Terrance Elson.
8.7 Approval to create, post, and fill a Planner I position, keeping the current Clerical position unfilled. There is no change in the number of positions authorized for the Community Services Department.
8.8 Approval to have the Chair sign a non-binding letter of intent with the Squaxin Island Tribal Council to begin preparing a watershed restoration and enhancement plan and dismiss the Board appeal.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 6:30 p.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public Hearing to inform citizens of the availability of funds and eligible uses for the 2018 Public Services Community Development Block Grant (PS-CDBG) and receive comments on proposed activities specifically funding the Community Action Council of Lewis, Mason & Thurston Counties as well as receiving comments on the 2017 program.
Staff: Jessica Sweet
10.2 Public Hearing to consider approval of the following supplemental appropriation and budget transfer requests to the 2018 budget:
• $30,000 to Current Expense Parks & Trails for Parks Fees Revenue (347.30.302000)
• $30,000 to Current Expense Parks & Trails for Salaries and Benefits (various accounts)
• $100,000 Transfer from REET 1 (350.300.594.12.562000) Capital Projects to
• $100,000 Current Expense-Facilities for Salaries and Benefits (001.055 various accounts)
• $70,000 Transfer from REET 2 (351) Ending Fund Balance to
• $70,000 Current Expense-Parks & Trails for Salaries and Benefits (001.146 various accounts)
Staff: Frank Pinter
11. Board’s Reports & Calendars