The Mason County Commission has created a Citizens Advisory Budget Committee. This committee will be tasked with evaluating the County’s budget and provide recommendations to improve the financial stability of Mason County.
The seven-member committee will consist of two residents from each Commissioner District and one Commissioner (Terri Drexler). The Commissioner will serve as committee chair and vote only in case of a tie.
Specific tasks for the Committee:
- Recommend budget priorities based on mandates.
- Recommend how to close the funding game between expenditures and revenues.
- Examine and evaluate new revenue sources and new revenue options and provide recommendations on which to pursue; define and recommend alternative budgeting methods.
- Define opportunities to better manage expenditures and revenues growth.
- Establish recommendations for a sustainable budget.
A report containing these recommendations are due to the Board of Commissioners by July 31, 2018.
The County will be asking for applications from residents interested in sitting on the budget committee shortly.