Highway: SR 3 Region: Olympic County: Kitsap Location: Milepost(s) 28.2 to 32.5
Description: Utility work.
Work Schedule: 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each Monday through Friday Feb. 28 – March 22.
Highway: SR 302 Region: Olympic County: Pierce Location: Milepost(s) 13.3
Description: Private utility company is installing service to local business. Drivers will see a right shoulder closure on eastbound SR 302. Work Schedule: 12:01 a.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, Feb. 26.
Highway: SR 302 Region: Olympic County: Pierce Location: Milepost(s) 15.11
Description: Utility work on westbound SR 302. Drivers will see alternating traffic controlled by flaggers.
Work Schedule: 9 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 25 to 5 a.m. Monday, Feb. 26.
SR 8 – Middle and East Forks Wildcat Creek – Remove Fish Barriers
Highway: SR 8 Region: Olympic County: Grays Harbor Location: Milepost(s) 4.3 to 7.5
Description: The eastbound lanes have been reconfigured to accommodate both directions of traffic. Traffic will remain in this configuration through spring of 2019. The changes allow crews to remove barriers to fish by constructing bridges across the Middle and East Forks of Wildcat Creek.
Project web page
Work schedule: Around-the-clock traffic switch.
Tips for Driving Through Work Zones
- Pay attention – Driver inattention is the number one cause of work zone accidents.
- Leave room between you and the car ahead of you – Most work zone accidents involve someone
- running into the car ahead of them. Drive defensively – be aware of what is happening around you.
- Merge before you reach the work zone.
- Don’t use cell phones or adjust your radio while driving through the work zone.