Work to Begin on Turner Avenue

The City of Shelton will begin work on Turner Avenue Tuesday. City crews are starting on phase one of the Turner Avenue Revitalization Project on February 20th. The first phase of the project will feature a series of upgrades to the stormwater system, including new storm lines and storm structures to improve runoff management and to prevent unwanted and costly erosion problems. Phase two will begin immediately following the completion of the stormwater system upgrades and will include the complete resurfacing of Turner Avenue from E Angleside Road to S 16th Street.

Phase one is expected to last through the end of March. There will be periodic road closures on various sections of Turner Avenue. All closures will be on week days sometime between the hours of 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Signs will be on display designating the work areas and rerouting traffic around the closures. Local access will be allowed. Water and sewer utilities will not be affected.

The $300,000 Turner Avenue Revitalization Project is being 90% funded through a Transportation Improvement Board Arterial Preservation Grant – awarded to the City of Shelton last November. The remaining 10% will be paid with the city’s Transportation Benefit District, Stormwater Utility, and Transportation Impact Fee funds.