Watch the January 2, 2018 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 Selection of 2018 Chair and Vice-Chair
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – December 18, 2017 Briefing Minutes; November 28, 2017 and December 19, 2017 Regular meeting minutes.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval of Warrants
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8053299-8053758 $ 1,255,625.48
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s 46434-46808 $ 649,136.44
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s 7003297-7003328 $ 490,900.22
Total $ 2,395,662.14
8.2 Approval of the Hearings Examiner recommendation to approve Road Vacation Number 395, vacating a portion of E. Mason Lake Drive West.
8.3 Approval to extend the contract with Bella Casa Cleaning Services to December 31, 2018 for janitorial services for County Facilities. The annual amount is not to exceed $95,000 unless modified pursuant to the contract.
8.4 Approval of the 2018 Long Range Planning Work Program.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time- No hearings.
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar