Watch the December 19, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here’s the meeting’s agenda:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 Recognition of Jeff Meyers, District Court Probation.
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – November 27, and December 11 Briefing minutes; December 4 Special Meeting Minutes; December 5, and December 12 Regular meeting minutes.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to spend $1,500 of Lodging Tax funds on the Waterfall Trail Brochure.
8.2 Approval to cancel the December 26, 2017 Commissioner Meeting.
8.3 Approval of Right of Entry Agreement between Parsons/Scarsella, JV and Mason County for parcel #42024-13-00480 to perform civil and
environmental surveys of Goldsborough Creek located within the property bounds.
8.4 Approval to sign a Finding of Fact and face of plat granting the final approval of Lakeland Village 14.
8.5 Approval of Warrants
|Claims Clearing Fund||Warrant #s 8053012-8053298||$233,068.70|
|Direct Deposit Fund||Warrant #s||$|
|Salary Clearing Fund||Warrant #s||$______________|
8.6 Approval of amendments to Mason County land development, planning and building permit fee schedules to include the assessment of a non-refundable surcharge of two percent on county development permits, and a five dollar convenience surcharge for permits that may be printed from an online source.
8.7 Approval of the 2018 Long Range Planning Work Program. Delayed until January 2, 2018
8.8 Approval of a Resolution amending Resolution 60-07 and increasing the Utilities & Waste petty cash by $200.00.
8.9 Approval to set a hearing for Tuesday, January 9, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. to receive public comment on the Private Line Occupancy Permit granting permission to run the water, septic transport lines, and power under the North Shore Road for parcel 22218-14-00050.
Approval of the resolution amending the operating hours of the Assessor, Auditor and Treasurer’s office effective January 1, 2018.
8.11 Approval of the memorandum of understanding with AFSCME reflecting the reduced staff hours in the Assessor’s Office.
8.12 Approval of the 2018 Court Commissioner professional services agreement with Robert Sauerlender for Court Commissioner services. The contract is for 24 hours per week (.6 FTE), with a salary of $86,860.68 per year. This is split between the Superior Court budget (.35 FTE) and Therapeutic Courts budget (.25 FTE).
8.13 Approval to reallocate $15,000 in the Public Defense budget from salaries/benefits to operating expenses, This reallocation exceeds the authorization granted in Resolution 26-17 and therefore needs Commissioner approval.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public hearing to approve the following supplemental appropriations and budget transfers to the 2017 budget:
- $10,000 to Current Expense Clerk from Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC)
- $10,000 to Current Expense Sheriff’s Office from Bulletproof Vest Grant
- $5,000 to Current Expense Sheriff’s Office from WASPC Equipment Grant
- $2,186 to Current Expense Sheriff’s Office from Traffic Safety Grant
- $1,600 from General Fund Ending Fund Balance (#001-320) to the Office of Public Defense (001-240)
- $20,000 from REET 2 (#351) to Belfair WW Sewer Utility (#413)
- $20,000 from Veteran’s Assistance Fund Beginning Fund Balance to Veterans
Assistance Expenditures (190)
- $4,500,000 Refinancing of LTGO Bonds (#403)
- $2,750,000 Refinancing of LTGO Bonds (#350)
- $55,142 General Fund Ending Fund Balance (#001-320) for various unexpected Sheriff (001-205) expenditures
10.2 Public Hearing to re-certify to the County Assessor the amount of taxes levied for county purposes and the amount of taxes levied for each taxing district for 2018. Continued from November 28, 2017. Staff: Frank Pinter
10.3 Public hearing to consider adoption of the 2018 budget for Mason County continued from December 5, 2017. Staff: Frank Pinter
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar