Watch the December 12, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 News Release- Hours of operation at Eells Hill Transfer Station Staff: Bart Stepp
4.3 Staff Recognition for Public Health Employee – Chair Kevin Shutty
4.4 Introduction of New County Engineer, John Huestis Staff: Jerry Hauth
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – No minutes.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to award $68,000 to the Mason County Economic Development Council from the Rural County Sales & Use Tax Fund (.09) for 2018 for business retention, expansion, recruitment project and economic development planning, as allowed in RCW 82.14.370 and enter into a contract for services.
8.2 Approval of the following advisory board appointments:
• Brenda Hirschi to the Timberland Regional Library Board of Trustees for a term ending December 31, 2024
• Matthew Davis to the Mason County Civil Service Commission for a six year term that ends December 31, 2023.
• Nathan Welch, Generator, and Stephanie Rowland, Spender, to the Mason County Lodging Tax Advisory Committee with terms ending May 31, 2020.
8.3 Approval to change the hours of the Community Services department to the following:
• Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• Friday 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
8.4 Approval of the interlocal agreement with Fire District 9, authorizing services provided by the Public Works Department for vehicle, road or site maintenance, engineering, survey, GIS, emergency assistance, sign fabrication, fueling and materials supply.
8.5 Approval to appoint John Huestis, PE, as the Deputy Director/County Engineer for Mason County effective December 12, 2017.
8.6 Approval of Warrants
|Claims Clearing Fund||Warrant #s||$|
|Direct Deposit Fund||Warrant #s 46062-46433||$649,984.71|
|Salary Clearing Fund||Warrant #s 7003257-7003297||$932,981.64|
Approval of Treasurer Electronic Remittances;
|Macecom 11/3/17||$ 112,146.35|
|Mental Health 11/9/17||$ 53,174.39|
|Community Health & Social Services 11/9/17||$ 583.28|
|Capital Improve Reet 2 Fund 351 11/9/17||$ 230,000.00|
|17 Budgeted Transfer to Belfair Sewer 11/9/17||$ 230,000.00|
|Reet 2/Parks & trails Improvements 11/15/17||$ 7,683.77|
|Public Health-October Indirect Costs 11/16/17||$ 3,428.42|
|Current Expense Non Department Financial 11/16/17||$ 3,428.42|
|Public Health-October Indirect Costs 11/16/17||$ 4,123.83|
|Current Expense Non Department Financial 11/16/17||$ 4,123.83|
|Public Health-October Indirect Costs 11/16/17||$ 5,082.92|
|Current Expense Non Department Financial 11/16/17||$ 5,082.92|
|Mental Health-Budgeted Transfer 11/3/17||$ 57,940.66|
|Therapeutic Court 11/3/17||$ 57,940.66|
|Mental Health-Budgeted Transfer 11/3/17||$ 11,178.67|
|Juvenile Probation 11/3/17||$ 11,178.67|
|General Fund 11/21/17||$ 195,137.00|
|Public Health 11/21/17||$ 195,137.00|
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time- No hearings.
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar