Watch the November 28, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 6 PM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 6:30 p.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – October 30, November 6, November 13, Briefing Minutes; November 7 and November 21 Regular Meeting Minutes.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the Action Agenda may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to hold a budget hearing on December 19, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. to consider the following requests for supplemental appropriations and budget transfers:
- $10,000 for additional revenues received from the state (AOC) for the Odyssey conversion used to reimburse Clerks Office (001-070) Overtime costs
- $1,600 from General Fund Ending Fund Balance (#001-300) to the Office of Public Defense (001-240) to fund contract retro for clothing allowance
- $20,000 from REET 2 (#351) to Belfair WW Sewer Utility (#413)
- $20,000 from Veteran’s Assistance Fund Beginning Fund Balance to Veterans Assistance Expenditures (190)
- $4,500,000 Refinancing of LTGO Bonds (#403)
- $2,750,000 Refinancing of LTGO Bonds (#350)
- $55,142 budget transfer for expenditures
- $17,186 for revenue in the Sheriff’s office
8.2 Approval of the Interlocal Agreement with the City of Bremerton authorizing the development of new sanitary sewer transmission facilities to the Puget Sound Industrial Center from the Belfair Water Reclamation Facility.
8.3 Approval of Warrants
|Claims Clearing Fund||Warrant #s 8052239-8052553||$775,112.98|
|Direct Deposit Fund||Warrant #s 45690-46061||$644,790.74|
|Salary Clearing Fund||Warrant #s 7003228-7003256||$483,658.69|
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 6:30 p.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public Hearing to approve and execute the resolution adopting the 2018- 2023 Six-year Transportation Improvement Plan. Staff: Jerry Hauth
10.2 Public Hearing to approve and execute the resolution adopting the 2018 Annual Construction program. Staff: Jerry Hauth.
10.3 Public Hearing to certify to the County Assessor the amount of taxes levied for county purposes and the amount of taxes levied for each taxing district for 2018. Staff: Frank Pinter
11. Board’s Reports & Calendars