Watch the November 21, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30
7. Approval of Minutes – November 14, 2017 Regular meeting minutes
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval of the resolution authorizing the County Road Load/Speed Restrictions and Emergency Closing Orders for the 2018 calendar year.
8.2 Approval of Consolidated Contract C17118, Amendment 16 between the Washington State Department of Health and Mason County Public Health.
8.3 Approval to allow the Mason County Community Services Director or designee to enter into contract with a request for proposal (RFP) bid that does not exceed $220,000 in order to replace permitting software.
8.4 Approval of the resolution approving the composition of the Mason Transit Authority Board.
8.5 Approval to appoint Pete Butkus to the Transportation Improvement Program for a term ending December 31, 2019.
8.6 Approval to appoint Deborah Reis to the Lewis-Mason-Thurston Area Agency on Aging for a term ending November 30, 2019.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time- No hearings.
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar