Olympic College has identified six finalists in its nationwide search for a president. Each candidate will participate in a two-day interview process that includes open forums where students, faculty, staff and the community may interact with the finalists and provide comments.
In addition to forums at branch campuses in Poulsbo and Shelton, candidates will participate in forums on the Bremerton campus for staff, faculty and the community. All open community forums are at 3:30 p.m., in the Engineering Building, Room 117 (Rotunda) at the Bremerton campus.
The first open community forum is Nov. 6 with Dr. Deb Casey. Forums conclude on Nov. 16 with Dr. Kenneth Lawson.
“Our intent from the beginning was to conduct an open and transparent process that includes opportunities for our campuses and the community at large to participate,” said OC Board of Trustees Chair Harriette Bryant. “We are excited to provide opportunities for all of the finalists to visit our campuses and interact with those we serve.”
Open Community Forum Schedule
All open community forums are at 3:30 p.m., in the Engineering Building, Room 117 (Rotunda) on the Bremerton Campus.
- Nov. 6: Dr. Deb Casey, Vice President of Student Services, Green River College, Auburn, WA
- Nov. 7: Dr. Barbara Marie Hanson, Former Chancellor Louisiana Delta Community College, Monroe, LA
- Nov. 8: Dr. Christopher Reber, President Community College of Beaver County, Monaca, PA
- Nov. 13: Dr. Martin Cavalluzzi, President Pierce College, Puyallup, WA
- Nov. 14: Dr. Carli Schiffner, Vice President of Instruction Wenatchee Valley College, Wenatchee, WA
- Nov. 16: Dr. Kenneth Lawson, Vice President of Instruction Skagit Valley College, Mount Vernon, WA
Here is the Schedule for Olympic College Shelton:
- Dr. Barbara Hanson, Nov. 6, Shelton Campus Forum, JL Reading Room 1 p.m.
- Dr. Deb Casey, Nov. 7, Shelton Campus Forum, JL Reading Room 10 a.m.
- Dr. Christopher Reber, Tuesday, November 7, Shelton Campus Forum, JL Reading Room 1 p.m.
- Dr. Martin Cavalluzzi, Nov. 8, Shelton Campus Forum, JL Reading Room, 1 p.m.
- Dr. Kenneth Lawson, Nov. 9, Shelton Campus Forum, JL Reading Room 1 p.m.
- Dr. Carli Schiffner, Monday, November 13, Shelton Campus Forum, JL Reading Room 1 p.m.
The successful finalists will be announced in December. Current OC President, Dr. David Mitchell, is retiring on Dec. 31, after 15 years as President of OC, and 44 years in higher education.