After conducting an extensive nationwide search, Olympic College has identified six finalists for the position of president. The OC Board of Trustees, which is leading the search, named the finalists at a special session on Oct. 26.
The finalists are:
- Dr. Martin (Marty) Cavalluzzi, President Pierce College, Puyallup, WA
- Dr. Deborah Casey-Powell, Vice President of Student Services, Green River College, Auburn, WA
- Dr. Barbara Marie Hanson, former Chancellor Louisiana Delta Community College, Monroe, Louisiana
- Dr. Kenneth Lawson, Vice President of Instruction, Skagit Valley College, Mt. Vernon, WA
- Dr. Christopher Reber, President Community, College of Beaver County, Monaca, PA
- Dr. Carli Schiffner, Vice President of Instruction, Wenatchee Valley College, Wenatchee, WA
“We are thrilled to announce the finalists for the college’s presidential search,” said Board of Trustees Chair Harriette Bryant. “We had a strong pool of nearly 100 candidates that we narrowed down to six finalists with exceptional experience, track records and reputations.”
Each candidate will participate in a two-day interview process, beginning in early November, that includes visits to all three OC campuses – Bremerton, Poulsbo and Shelton – public forums, interviews and meetings with the Board of Trustees. The board plans to announce the selected candidate in early December.
The OC Board of Trustees initiated a rigorous process that began in April with planning sessions where specific characteristics were developed. That process continued with a series of forums where college students, faculty, staff and the community shared ideas about characteristics they would like in the college’s president.
For additional information, visit the OC Presidential Search website.