Watch the October 24, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 6 PM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
1. Call to Order1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit) If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 6:30 p.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – September 25, 2017 Briefing Minutes and October 3, 2017 and October 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the Action Agenda may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval of the 2017 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) Project list as recommended by the Mason County Economic Development Council.
8.2 Approval for Public Works to advertise, set bid date/time, award contract and allow the Chair to sign all pertinent documents for routine Paint Line for 2018.
8.3 Approval to set a hearing with the Hearings Examiner for Wednesday, November 22, 2017 to consider public comment on the petition for vacation of a portion of E Mason Lake Drive West in Mason County, Washington.
8.4 Approval to obtain a loan from USDA Rural Development in the amount of $163,500, plus bond council fee, for 20 years at 2.75% APR interest to fund the water meter installation project.
8.5 Approval for the Board to sign the Interlocal Agreement between Mason County and Lewis County allowing Mason County Jail to utilize Lewis County Jail to hold Mason County offenders. The daily bed rate will be sixty-six dollars and fifty-six cents ($66.56).
8.6 Approval for the Emergency Management Manager to sign the FY17 Emergency Management Performance Grant contract E18-071.
8.7 Approval of the January 2018 through December 2020 Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) for the Woodworkers Local Lodge W38, I.A.M. representing the Mason County Office of Public Defense.
8.8 Approval of the Mason County Post Issuance Compliance Policy as recommended by the Mason County Finance Committee.
8.9 Approval to close the Belfair Veteran’s Service Office and terminate the Lease between the North Mason Resource Center and Mason County with a 30-day advance written notice, effective December 1st, 2017, as recommended by the Veteran’s Advisory Board.
8.10 Approval of the Resolution establishing Budget Reserves and a Contingency Policy for Mason County. This item is continued from the September 26, 2017 meeting.
8.11 Approval of voicing no objections to the special occasion liquor license application for the North Mason Rotary Club for an event on November 4, 2017 at the Belfair HUB and authorize the Chair to sign the Liquor License application from the WA State Liquor Control Board.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
9.1 Approval to appoint Steve Van Denover to the Planning Advisory Commission for a four year term ending October 31, 2021.
10. 6:30 p.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public Hearing to consider approving the Private Line Occupancy Permit for a new utilities coring under North Shore Road for 5181 NE North Shore Road (tax parcel number 22210-52-01905). Staff: Jerry W. Hauth
11. Board’s Reports & Calendars