Watch the October 23, 2017 Shelton City Commission meeting. There are two ways to watch live at 2 PM: hcc.net/news, or MasonWebTV.com. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news or MasonWebTV.com. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Wednesday at 11 AM, Thursday at 3 PM, and Saturday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
A. Call to Order
B. Commission Reports
- Mason County Historical Society Museum 3rd Quarter Lodging Tax Report – Presented by Kristin Fabry
C. General Public Comment (3-minute time limit per person)
The City Commission invites members of the public to provide comment on any topic at this time. City
Commissioners and City Staff will not enter into a dialogue during public comment. If the Commission
feels an issue requires follow up, staff will be directed to respond at an appropriate time.
D. Business Agenda
1. Public Defense Grant – Presented by Assistant City Manager Vicki Look (Tab 2)
2. Resolution No. 1108-1017 – A Resolution of the City of Shelton, Washington, authorizing
the emergency purchase of a return activated sludge pump motor. (Tab 3)
E. Administration Reports
1. FCS Presentation of Water/Sewer Rate Study (Tab 4)
2. Department Updates
- Police Department Update – Presented by Police Chief Darrin Moody
- Fire Department Update – Presented by Fire Chief Tim McKern (Tab 5)
- Courts and Community Service Update – Presented by Dyan Smolinsky and Jeri Tidd
- Community Development Department Update – Presented by Community Development Director Mark Ziegler
3. City Manager Report
G. Announcement of Next Meeting – October 30, 2017, at 2:00 p.m.